Post by James
This place is basically a cafe that also does good beer, wine and coffee. That said, it has a very nice atmosphere and was surprisingly lively when I popped in. I would certainly go in again when I next find myself in Otsuka.
– There is an L-shaped counter which seats about nine. There is another counter facing the large window. This seats five. There are three small tables which each seat two.
– Only two taps of craft. The beers come in two sizes, regular and half. The regular looked about 400ml but I’m only guessing. Today’s taps are posted on their Facebook page. (Looks like it’s usually US imports with an occasional Japanese beer). Prices for the regular size were ¥1100 and ¥1150. Not cheap, but not that different from a lot of other places.
– There were about 30 bottles and cans in the fridge and plenty of them looked good. I don’t know the price range of the bottles.
– Business hours are split into three ‘times’: lunch time, cafe time and bar time. You can’t order any substantial food during the cafe time.
– Open seven days a week and the menu says that the New Year period is their only holiday.
– Free Wifi!
Japanese breweries on tap when I visited:
南大塚 3-47-8, Toshima-ku, Tokyo