I am kind of back. Will restart my posting with this brief one on The Pint, a little local bar near Shinmaruko station, just over the Tama river into Kawasaki. Not sure how regular new posts will be as I seem to not have much free time at the moment, but seeing as I have 45 places on my list to check out, I’d better get going again. So, here we go, The Pint.
– Few minutes walk out of the East exit of Shinmaruko station (Toyoko and Meguro lines).
– Pretty small place, around eight seats at the counter and seating for maybe the same amount at a couple of small tables.
– Nine taps of Craft beer, mainly Japanese, but with some of the more common imports that you might expect to find (Brewdog, Nagano Trading stuff).
– US pint for ¥1000-¥1200 and half, ¥600-¥750
– Fridge with a decent selection of bottles, mainly Belgian from what I could see.
– Taplist can be found on their blog and it seems to be updated daily.
Not much else to say. If I lived in the area, I think I would be here a lot. As it is, I’ll save it for when I am going to the football as it’s the perfect place for a pre- or post-game pint. It has a decent atmosphere and the prices and beers are good.
Japanese breweries on tap when I visited:
Mondays (normally) & Wednesday-Saturday, 17:00-01:00
Sundays and holidays, 15:00-23:00
closed Tuesday and the third Monday of the month
新丸子東 1-826, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa