A brief post on this really nice place in Kamakura. The Blue Room is a small craft beer and pizza place on the main shopping street in Kamakura. As far as I know it’s the only beer bar in Kamakura at the moment and although I could only pop in for a couple of drinks, if I find myself in Kamakura again I will definitely make more time for it.
– Small place. Four seats at the counter and room for about eight at a few tables.
– 10 taps and one handpump available but only six kegs on when we were there.
– Two sizes, 250ml for ¥540 and 500ml for ¥1080. Three 1/4 pint tasters of any beers for ¥1080. Prices seem to have gone up a bit since I went. Thanks to Davido for letting me know. Small is now ¥600, but ¥800 for Kyoto regular beers which is pretty expensive! Large is ¥1100 (¥1400 Kyoto) and the flight is now ¥1100.
– Taplists occasionally on their facebook page. They sometimes have Yorocco beer!
– Really nice pizza, and nice atmosphere.
– No cover charge!
Very nice, and highly recommended if you are in the area. I’ll be back as soon as I can. Have added a couple of pictures as the bar is slightly tucked away on the second floor with only a Japanese sign outside, so one picture of the sign at the entrance and one of the front of the bar. Please follow the map below for directions, but you need to leave the JR station from the East exit and proceed up the main shopping street for about 300m.
Japanese breweries on tap when I visited:
(and sometimes Yorocco!)
Monday-Wednesday, Friday, 17:00-23:00
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays, 12:00-14:00, 17:00-23:00
秋山ビル 2F, 小町 2-8-9, Kamakura, Kanagawa